Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sunday Bun Day

I have a tradition here in Seoul. Every Sunday is Bun Day for me. Bun Day is a day where I get a bun. Cleaver, eh? I think so. It should be an official day of appreciation for them. Buns can be described as bready heaven filled with numerous concoctions of meat, kimchi, red beans, and other unknowns. My go to bun is filled with pork, veggies, and kimchi. It is AWESOME! I also really love the sweet red bean ones as well. Red bean is my favorite Korean staple. A few weeks ago I went to get a bun on a Sunday (duh!), and I didn't even have a chance to order before they told me they were sold out for the day. It was then that I had a realization of my bun addiction. I also felt a tad old. I don't know many "spring chickens" who eat a particular food on a certain day of the week and get bothered when their food routine gets disrupted. Don't worry though. I'm perfectly ok with my "old soul ways". I mean.. I am practically 30. :)

Anyways, this past Sunday was a wonderful day. I spent the afternoon in Olympic Park with Eryn and Jeff (my BFF from MN). The weather was beautiful. We had a picnic of BUNS, wine, and korean snacks. It was great to be able to show them one of my favorite places in Korea. I'm so happy that we will always have the memory of Korea together.


fashion forward





BUNS!




My brain hurts. It's awfully early. I must get ready for work. It's Tuesday. 5 more teaching days. A lot going on this week. There are so many people to see and last minute things to squeeze in.

Weee!

xoxo

No comments: