Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Taking It All In


Reuben and I grabbed one of our last dinners together. Sad times. He was one of my first friends here in Korea! It's an ending of a short era. He will be leaving in June and heading to China in the fall. I'm so excited for him!

After dinner, I took a quick trip to my other favorite place in the city. It is a temple in the heart of the business district here in Seoul. It is almost Buddha's birthday, so the lanterns have been put up all over the city. It is one of my favorite holidays in Korea for that reason. Lanterns are fabulous, especially at night.

I got tad choked up as I entered the grounds of the temple. It was late. I've never been there when it was so quiet. The darkness of night brought a sense of calm and peacefulness to my soul that I needed. The lanterns were more vibrant than I remember them to be. It seems like all my senses are on overload these days. I'm trying to take everything in. I want to take a mental picture of it all in hopes that I won't forget anything. It is exhausting. Thank goodness for pictures.









xoxo